VERDE-CAL can offer some relief by releasing calcium and thus conditioning the soil and making other nutrients available.
Enhanced Calcitic Limestone
Calcitic limestone combined with thCa™, an organic complexing agent, converts insoluble Calcium (Ca) compounds to soluble and available Calcium (Ca). This allows for greater delivery of Calcium (Ca) to the exchange sites on the soil colloid.
- Reduces Hydrogen (H), Sodium (Na), and Chlorine (Cl) in the plant and soil.
- Improves germination, stimulates root growth, and enhances microbial activity.
- Increases essential nutrient absorption and translocation.
- Improves soil structure (flocculation, water infiltration).
- Supplies optimal Calcium (Ca) levels to plant cells to strengthen the plants resistance to disease.
- Balances the Ca/N ratio in the plant.
- Quicker response at lower rates. Requires 1/4 the rate of standard lime per application.
To maintain optimum pH and growing conditions, apply Verde-Cal at 5 pounds per 1,000 ft2or 220 pounds per acre (250 kg per hectare) at least twice per growing season, or as needed. Soil test recommendations should be used to determine liming needs.
To adjust pH, apply Verde-Cal at 10 pounds per 1,000 ft2 or 435 pounds per acre (500 kg per hectare), or as needed. In most soils this will raise the soil pH up to one full point. Retest and reapply, if needed, at this rate.
The Value of thCa™
– Allows you to apply 1/4 the product than typical Gypsum or Limestone products.
– Makes Calcium (Ca) available now when not 2 – 3 years from now.
– Goes into the soil to make bound-up, unavailable Calcium (Ca) available to the plant.